If you are a student with a learning disorder or attention deficit disorder and you find that your college of choice is going to require that you be retested, there are several options you have in terms of locating someone to administer the new testing.

  • Ask your high school, before you graduate, for an updated, comprehensive psycho-educational assessment.
  • If there is a college or university in your area, find out if the Psychology Department or Counseling Department provides psycho-educational testing. If so, call and ask about the criteria for using their services to be retested.
  • Look in your local yellow pages under psychologists, counseling, etc. You may be able to find someone in your area who is licensed to administer this type of testing.
  • Contact your college of choice to see if they have a list of evaluators who may be able to administer updated testing.

It is important to be aware that the cost of retesting is the responsibility of the student and not the college or university. This is another reason why advance planning is so important.