Summer Developmental Program Grant (SDPG)
The program was designed to assist students who do not meet the criteria for admission to one of the state’s public universities. Grants are available to assist Mississippi residents participating in the Summer Development Program who demonstrate financial need.
Application Period: January 1 – July 21
Supporting Documents, including the completed FAFSA, are also due by July 21.
- Must be a legal resident of the State of Mississippi
- Under the age of 21 at the time of application
- Must not have earned 24 or more credit hours at a college or university
- Must have been accepted into the Summer Development Program (first time attendee) at an eligible Mississippi institution
- Must be eligible to receive federal student financial aid and demonstrate financial need
- Must complete the online application and submit all supporting documentation by the deadline.
Review the complete program Rules and Regulations: SUMD_RR2011
Awards are dependent upon your demonstrated remaining financial need; however, no award will exceed financial need or the total cost of attendance.
The Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid will make awards on a first come first served based upon our level of funding, the number of eligible applicants and their remaining unmet need.
- Complete the online application by the application date of July 21.
- Submit the following supporting documents:
- A signed copy of the first two pages of your MS Resident Individual Income Tax Return for the current tax filing year.
- The results from having filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- A copy of valid Mississippi driver’s license, unless you elected to submit it electronically during the online application process, or any other documents approved by the Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid necessary to determine eligibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- How will I be notified if I am awarded?
The Mississippi Office of Student Financial Aid will notify you of a grant offer by an award letter and will notify your school about the award.
- What is the award amount of my grant?
Awards are dependent upon your demonstrated financial need; however, no grant will exceed financial need or the total cost of attendance.
- Is my grant renewable each year?
No, this is a non-renewable grant.
- How do I submit supporting documents to the Office of Student Financial Aid?
How to Submit Supporting Documents