- Enrollment at Mississippi public universities has increased every year since 1994.
- It costs $1,381 less to attend a public four-year university in Mississippi than the national average.
- About half of all public university students in Mississippi, graduate within six years of enrolling.
- Mississippi’s public universities awarded nearly 14,000 degrees last year.
- 80% of Mississippi students receive some form of financial aid.
- Elementary Education and Teaching is the most popular program at Mississippi public universities.
- The highest-paying jobs in America require at least four years of college.
- The fastest-growing jobs in America require at least two years of college.
- 90% of Mississippi’s college students have chosen to enroll at a public university.
- More than 60% of Mississippi high school graduates go on to college.
- Currently, one out of every four Americans has a bachelor’s degree.
- Nearly 70,000 students are enrolled at Mississippi public universities.
- Women outnumber men by 40% in undergraduate programs at Mississippi public universities.
Information provided by Jim Hood, Director of Strategic Data Management in the Office of Academic and Student Affairs